- 1 pie crust
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and sliced ripe pears
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons spicy jelly or jam, such as strawberry-chile jelly, melted in microwave
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pie crust in pie pan.
In medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, goat cheese, salt and most of the egg until fluffy. Save a little of the egg for brushing the edge of the pie crust. Spread cheese mixture in crust.
Arrange pear slices over cheese mixture. Sprinkle nuts over pears. Fold edge of crust in over filling and brush with remaining egg. Brush top of filling with melted jelly.
Bake tart about 30 minutes or until crust is nicely browned.