Identify these items that have one of the four cardinal directions (North, South, East or West) in their title.
1. Separated by the demilitarized zone, this country’s capital is Seoul, home to almost ten million people.
2. This breed of dog hails from Scotland and is closely related to the Cairn Terrier.
3. John Steinbeck regarded this ambitious novel as his magnum opus; it was turned into a movie in 1955.
4. Founded in 1602, this mighty company brought porcelain, spices and exotica to Europe and was the first business entity to link the East and the West.
5. This organization, founded in 1949, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 31 member states—29 European and two North American.
6. The Honor Code from this U.S. Military Academy says that a “Cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
7. This television show follows the misadventures of four irreverent grade-schoolers in a quiet, dysfunctional Colorado town.
8. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, this 1959 movie starred Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint.
9. One-third of the world’s maritime shipping passes through this body of water, which includes the deep-water seaport of Hong Kong.
10. Featuring the songs “Tonight” and “Somewhere,” this 1957 musical by Leonard Bernstein explores forbidden love and the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks.
11. Since 1935, at least sixty-four climbers have died attempting to climb this area of the Eiger, a mountain in Switzerland.
1. South Korea
2. West Highland White
3. “East of Eden”
4. Dutch East India Company
5. North Atlantic Treaty Organization
6. West Point
7. “South Park”
8. “North by Northwest”
9. South China Sea
10. “West Side Story”
11. The North Face