Sedgwick County Commissioner Lacey Cruse is still hopeful that the county can find a use for some or all of $320,000 in contingency funds earmarked for senior-related services.
Cruse disputed a report in the May issue of The Active Age that the county’s Department on Aging had returned the money to the county’s general fund. She said the money still remains available through the end of the fiscal year, which is Dec. 31.
As The Active Age reported last month, the aging department recommended that $180,000 of a $500,000 contingency established by commissioners be spent. Commissioners approved that recommendation in April and there was no discussion of further action at that time.
Cruse asked residents to contact her with suggestions for how the money could be used.
“Not pie-in-the-sky stuff,” she said. “Specific items.”
She can be reached at Lacey.Cruse@sedgwick.gov.