Help offered for hearing aids, glasses and utilities

By The Active Age | December 1, 2022

Eligible Sedgwick County residents can apply for financial assistance for hearing aids, eyeglasses and utility assistance. The money is available due to contingency funds approved for the Department on Aging by county commissioners.

For help in obtaining a hearing aid, call the Independent Living Resource Center at (316) 942-6300. For helping obtaining eyeglasses, call Cairn Health (formerly the Medical Service Bureau) at (316) 683-7559. For help with utility payments, call the Aging & Disability Resource Center at 1(855) 200-2372.

Previously, county officials said funds for the hearing aid program had been exhausted. However, more recently officials said some money is available.