The answers to all of these questions contain the word “May” in some form. The answers appear below.
1. What was the common name for the Agreement Between the Settlers of New Plymouth that was the first document, written in 1620, to govern the settlers of the Plymouth colony?
2. What term is used as a distress call that is used to signal a life-threatening emergency, usually on a ship or a plane?
3. What is the name of the neuroscientist and actress that played Amy Farrah Fowler on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory?
4. What name is given to the city in New Jersey that bills itself as the “oldest seaside resort”?
5. Who was the civil rights activist, poet and author best known for her acclaimed 1969 memoir, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings?
6. What is the name of the indigenous people of Mexico and Central America who have continuously inhabited the lands comprising the modern-day Yucatan and southward?
7. In this playground game, the Mother instructs participants to take baby steps, regular steps or giant steps as long as they remember to ask what important question?
8. What is the name for the American cosmetics company that was founded in Chicago in 1914 and used the tagline “Maybe she’s born with it?”
9. Television’s Andy Taylor was the widower sheriff of the small, sleepy North Carolina town named what?
10. What Kansas town is home to the Prairie Band Casino & Resort?
11. What American boxer, known as Pretty Boy, won a bronze medal in the featherweight division at the 1996 Olympics, three Golden Gloves and the U.S. National Championship?
12. What was the name of Jed Clampett’s daughter in The Beverly Hillbillies?
13. What is the name of the annual celebration on the 5th of this month that commemorates the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire?
14. Bob Denver played which role as Dobie Gillis’s lazy, beatnik and goofy best friend?
15. What century-old medical facility is located in Rochester, Minnesota?
1. The Mayflower Compact
3. Mayim Bialik
4. Cape May
5. Maya Angelou
6. The Maya (or Mayans)
7. Mother May I?
11. Floyd Mayweather
12. Elly May Clampett
13. Cinco de Mayo
14. Maynard G. Krebs
15. Mayo Clinic