Qualify for a chance to win tickets to Christmas shows at the Orpheum Theatre by identifying which classic holiday movies or TV specials contain the nine lines at right. From all the correct entries we receive, we’ll hold a drawing to give away two pairs of tickets to A Million Dollar Christmas on Dec. 13, and two pairs of tickets to Close to You: A Carpenters Christmas, on Dec. 21.
To enter the drawing, write in the name of the corresponding movie after each line. Then mail the completed quiz to The Active Age, 125 S. West St., Suite 125, Wichita, KS, 67213; or take a photo of the completed quiz and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be postmarked or emailed by Wednesday, Dec. 5. Please include contact information.
Clue: Some movies may be the source of more than one line, and one line actually appears in two different movies (either will count as a correct answer).
And please, use googling only as a last resort. Remember, Santa might be watching!
1) I never thought it was such a bad little tree __________
2) Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day. It’s a frame of mind__________
3) Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan! __________
4) You’ll shoot your eye out! __________
5) Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around, he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he? __________
6) I believe…I believe…. It’s silly, but I believe__________
7) We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big eastern syndicate, you know__________
8) And may all your Christmases be white__________
9) What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store? What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little more? __________